tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 07 05:00:02 2004

Re: nIv/QIv

Tad Stauffer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

At 10:45 AM 11/7/2004 +0100, Senara wrote:
>Might there be a mistake in the vocabulary list for KLCP Test 1? I just
>found it by listening to "conversational Klingon".
>
>In the KLCP list, {nIv} is translated as *be inferior*, while TKD and
>"Conversational Klingon" translate it with *be superior* beside {QIv} as *be
>inferior*.
>What's right now? ... Well, I have received the list about half a year ago
>or so, perhaps I'm not up to date and this mistake has been corrected
>recently...

"be inferior" is {QIv},
"be superior" is {nIv}.
The list of vocabulary to study for the Klingon Language Certification
Program is given at:
http://higbee.cots.net/~holtej/klingon/guidelines.htm
However, the Klingon definitions aren't given there. If you added the
Klingon words to your copy of this list, or if someone else did and then
gave it to you to study, they probably just switched the two words by
accident when they were adding the Klingon words to the English list. If
the latter, you may want to let that person know, so that they don't
accidentally give others a list with the words switched.

- taD

Back to archive top level