tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 02 02:08:02 2004

Re: Calling all microphone owners (again)

christoph.pichlmann ([email protected])

From: =22QeS lagh=22
Subject: Calling all microphone owners (again)
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:48:36 +1000

=3EUnfortunately, I've only had one - count 'em - positive response. To
that
=3Eperson, many thanks. To everyone else: Where are you all?? =7B=7B:P
=3E
=3EKlingon writing is well treated in HolQeD. Speech is relatively
neglected,
=3Ein both canon and non-canon material.

Although I do have a microphone, I can t help you - my pronounciation
isn t of much use.

Anyway. Did you consider using the about 100 words(some sentences)
spoken by Gowron from the KLL(Klingon Language Lab) part of KCD(Klingon
CD, or Star Trek: Klingon)?
They re available as WAV file, as well as video(Gowron saying the
word), the pronounciation seems quite good too, not as in the series or
the game, where his pronounciation only remotely resembles klingon.
Besides, there are files with Okrand explaining the finer points, used
to corrct the user of the vocabulary builder.

As a matter of fact, I m currently working on molding these
videos/sounds into something useful. It takes time, though.
Currently there are only 2 videos available, more to come shortly.

Link: http://www.fredlarts.at/=7Epichlmann=23mutay

(there s a tilde after the first slash, and a hash before mutay, in
case the characters don t survive.)

Christoph

Back to archive top level