tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 31 08:01:40 2004

Re: yudit / Unicode

De'vID jonwI' ([email protected])

qurgh:
>It didn't use Unicode, it converted them to HTML escape sequences. I
>checked your email headers and it wasn't UTF-8 encoded either.

You're right, it converted to HTML.  However, when I saved my
message and opened it in a browser, it displayed the characters
I wrote. ;)

qurgh:
>MozillaMail is supposed to use Unicode, and I forced all the messages I
>send to be UTF-8 encoded. I think you were trying to say:
>
>ï£^Þï£^×ï£^ßï£^Ðï£^Ó
>ï£^×ï£^Üï£^Ðï£^Û ï£^Öï£^Ýï£^Ù :-ï£^Þ
>
>Let me know if you can read my pIqaD.

No, I can't.  I tried various ways but I can't decode it.

Oh well.  I suppose that while it would have been nice to be
able to communicate in <pIqaDqoq>, we had better stick to
"Okrandian transliteration", or we might scare off the
beginners. {{:-)

Incidentally, if anyone uses yudit, I have patched the Klingon
keymap.  The default Klingon keymap for yudit has a bug
whereby if you type "ngh", it gives "ng + *h" rather than
"n + gh".

The patch can be found here:
http://www.yudit.org/download/patch-src/

--
De'vID

Add photos to your e-mail with MSN Premium. Get 2 months FREE*