tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 29 02:47:34 2004

Re: Klingon Music: Kosmic Horrör

Lieven L. Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Am Fri, 28 May 2004 15:01:04 +0200 hat Regina Reusser
<[email protected]> geschrieben:

> tlhIngan Hol vIqeqmeH "Karaoke song" ngaSbogh Daqvam vImugh 'e' vInIDta'.
> Do'Ha' Hoch vImughlaHbe', vaj chaq muboqlaH vay'...

bomvam vImughta'mo' jIH qaboQlaHbej.
> jImugh:
> Tribbles may tickle you
> Vulkan(s) may not be able to joke
> Maybe everyone has died on Kitomer
> The Vulkan may not be able to joke

The meaning is: no matter what happens, always trust your instincts!

Even if Tribbles tickle you,
maybe vulcans cannot joke,
even if no one survived Kithomer,
maybe the vulcan can not joke,
Always trust your insticts.

> {jabmo'taH poH}...

There's a little mistake. it should be {yabmo' taH poH} lit. "time exists
because of the mind"

> and never ever trust a Ferengi
> {mughato' yItay'} and mock god(s) wile you are drinking.

Drink with the mughato' and laugh about god

The text is partially a bit weird, but it had to fit to a much older
version which was so awful that I couldn't recognize one klingon word. Some
people might have heard about it.

Quvar.

Back to archive top level