tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 28 00:59:47 2004

Re: "dozens" (wa'maHmey?)

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Quvar:

>  {qaStaHvIS wa'maH puq poHmey, wo'rIv betleH ghaj qorDu'Daj}
>  "Worf's bat'telh has been in his family for ten generations."
>Are you sure it's TEN generations? I'm sure it could be less or more.

If it's not ten, it's probably less. {{:) We see in the most recent issue of
HolQeD that hyperbole is used by Klingons:

'Iw HIq bIr puS chuch bIr puS
The bloodwine is as cold as ice

MO says after this construction "It is not likely that even cold bloodwine
is really as cold as ice, but a disgruntled Klingon is not beyond
hyperbole." So in answer to De'vID's question (and in support of Quvar's
suggestion), I wouldn't have too much problem with {wa'vatlh QIn boqonta'}
for the meaning he is looking for.

Savan.

QeS lagh

What's your house worth? Click here to find out:
http://www.ninemsn.realestate.com.au

Back to archive top level