tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 25 10:03:32 2004

Re: 'eq, paS

From: <[email protected]>

> Can {'eq} and {paS} be used to say "it's late/early in the
> day/night/year/etc." or "it's getting late"?
> Are there any canon usages for these two words besides CK?

I don't think there are any other examples.  However, they appear in
CONVERSATIONAL KLINGON as {'eq} "He is early" and {paS} "She is late."  (Or
did I get the "he" and "she" reversed?)  This suggests that the words refer
to activity prior to or after an expected time.  {paS} would mean "be
tardy," not "be toward the end of a time period."  {paS pem} would mean
something like "The daytime didn't arrive on time," not "It's late in the
day."

There is too little evidence to be certain of this, though.

SuStel
Stardate 4398.9

Back to archive top level