tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 21 17:21:59 2004

Re: paghHu'/paghleS

In a message dated 2004-05-21 4:32:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> True, (paghHu'/paghleS) is not canon and we are not allowed to make stuff
> up.

We ARE allowed to make stuff up.  We MUST make stuff up, because not every
single word or acceptable combination of affixes/words is attested to in canon.
Novel words are constantly being created and used by users of Klingon.
Every language, almost by definition, has resources for producing an infinite
number of non-trivial sentences.

I agree that only Maltz/Okrand can produce new ROOT words.  But we all create
new words and sentences.  Otherwise Klingon is not a language, but a mere
code.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level