tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 21 16:59:17 2004

Re: paghHu'/paghleS

In a message dated 2004-05-21 11:00:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> . Instead of fixating on the most obscure aspects of English
> and trying to find ways to say them in Klingon, why not just write things
> in Klingon, using the resources we all know and agree on?

[snipped]

> the challenge is to create something wonderful within strict limitations.
> I truly believe that a lot of these "what-ifs" and questionable
> derivations could be avoided if people simply tried to communicate in
> Klingon, using the resources we've already got.
>
> -- ter'eS

Nothing in my suggestion for {paghHu'} was based on English.  It was an
application of known Klingon grammar and vocabulary, the "resources we've already
got".

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level