tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 15 17:42:25 2004

"beginning" of improvement

In a message dated 2004-05-15 7:36:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> bIjwI' DubchoHghach 'oH bIj ngoQ'e'
>
> While it's not very neat (and most of you already know my attitude towards
> {-ghach} nouns), this just rings well with me: "For the punisher's benefit,
> the goal of punishment is his/her beginning of improvement" or "Punishment's
> goal is the beginning of improvement in the punisher", if you like.

why all the mention of 'beginning' of improvement?  there is no 'beginning'
or change of state in the original.  is {-choH} there just to have something to
hang {-ghach} on?

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level