tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 11 06:39:04 2004

Re: an answer which is no answer

From: <[email protected]>

> In a message dated 2004-05-11 5:22:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time, SuStel
writes:

> > Express the concept.
>
> as always, the question is "how?".  my concepts almost always start out in
> english.  translation of that english is my first attempt at "expressing
the
> concept".

Give me the concept you want to express in Klingon, and I'll tell you how
(or at least give you some choices).  You want to find a formula for
converting an English grammar construction into a Klingon construction, but
sometimes different concepts that use a single formula in English don't come
out identical in Klingon.  Every concept needs a fresh approach.

Tell us what you want to say, not how you want to say it.  A simplistic
example: ff you're trying to figure out how to say, "The Klingon is happy"
and "The Klingon is a captain," don't try to find a way to convert "to be"
or "is" into Klingon!

SuStel
Stardate 4360.2

Back to archive top level