tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 11 05:32:40 2004

Re: an answer which is no answer

qurgh ([email protected])

When I try and translate something complex that I'm not sure how to translate I
always try and reduce it to the simplest componants. Even if that means
breaking things into a bunch of sentances. When I have something simple that I
do know how to translate but still conveys the same idea as the orginal complex
sentance I then translate.

Sometimes I do hit the "I can't translate this wall" but it's becoming rarer and
rarer these days, and when it happens I just recast and retry. I've noticed
that you try and work out how to translate general concepts, like snippets of
grammar (ie the that as a dem pronoun thing). I've never really tried to do
that, instead I just try and get my point across with the Klingon Grammar I
know..

jImujlaH 'ach jIQum vIneH 'ej tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhtaHvIS DIvI' Hol pab vISaHbe'.
 tlhIngan Hol pab vISovbogh vIlo' neH 'e' vInID. mu'tlhegh vImughlaHbe'taHvIS
vIchoH 'ej vay' vImughlaHbogh moj 'oH.

I have a feeling that the answer to "How?" may be many different things, this is
simply my answer to it.

qurgh

ghItlh [email protected]:

> In a message dated 2004-05-11 5:22:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time, SuStel
> writes:
>
> > Express the concept.
>
> as always, the question is "how?".  my concepts almost always start out in
> english.  translation of that english is my first attempt at "expressing the
> concept".
>
> lay'tel SIvten

For a free wizage.net web based email address, email me!

Back to archive top level