tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 28 14:17:15 2004

RE: Klingon WOTD: jat (v)

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, Se'noj le'umaS wrote:
> Holtej:
> >This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Saturday, March 27, 2004.
> >
> >Klingon word:   jat
> >Part of Speech: verb
> >Definition:     speak incoherently, mumble
>
> This is just my own theorizing, but I think that there might be a common
> root word in play here, if we look at jatlh, jat, and ja', all associated

Hmm, I was going to say that perhaps this was punnish, a play on all the
"Klingon speakers" who can't pronounce "jatlh" corrently.  (and thus might
be accused of "mumbling" or "speaking incoherently".  ;)

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
   "Never tell people how to do things.  Tell them what to do and
   they will surprise you with their ingenuity." -- George Patton

Back to archive top level