tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 27 21:45:27 2004

Re: jIQagh 'ach SachuH

ja' SuStel:
>No one has ever proven or disproven that question-as-object constructions
>are illegal.

nuqjatlh?  jav ben toblu' jay'!  qatlh bIghoHtaHqu'?

Six years ago, DloraH reported the following:
>Well, I just spent last weekend hang'n with Marc Okrand.
>I got answers for some of our questions and a "I'll have to think about that
>one" for some other questions.
>Hopefully I won't misquote Marc.  Lawrence was with us during some of our
>conversations.
>
>The first one I nailed him with was our lovely QAO.  Uh-oh.
>You can not use a "question" as an object; but... it is not known yet if
>klingon question words can act as one of those relative things, uh, relative
>pronoun is it?  You guys know what I'm refering to.

It's a second-hand account, but if we accept it as an accurate report then
we *have* had it proven that questions as objects are illegal.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level