tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 25 13:36:56 2004

RE: Using object prefixes with "intransitive" verbs

Heather Myers ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

We already have a word for "expect": <pIH>.  TKD says <loS> means "wait
(for)", and <pIH> means "expect" or "be suspicious".  Please don't
reinterpret the Klingon words from an English standpoint; they're
Klingon words.  Stick with what we've been given.  There's nothing wrong
with using these words the way they're defined.  <loS> doesn't need to
mean "expect" because <pIH> already means that.

jIqel ghojwI'
<batlh wo' yejHaD je vItoy'mo' jIHem>