tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 24 20:36:55 2004

That's not canon

> You're probably right.  But since the .wav file was never
> actually used, it's not canon.  I was just considering other
> ways of interpreting the sentence than as a headless <-bogh>
> clause.  (To use the Klingon expression, I was "playing
> Fek'lhr's advocate".)

Can someone explain to me why Okrand seeing rain outside at a convention and
saying /SIS/ is canon, why Okrand writing a Klingon language e-mail message
to me is canon, why words in some novel that Okrand MAY have vetted are
canon, and why Okrand saying /Dajatlhbogh vIyajbe'/ on the Language Lab CD
is NOT canon?

Exactly what authority do the first three contain that the last one does
not?

Hmm?

SuStel
Stardate: 4230.5