tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 19 05:35:26 2004

Re: B SoH A'e'

From: <[email protected]>

> qar'a':
> be' Dun SoH be'nalwI''e'.
> you, my wife, are a wonderful woman.
>
> this is one example for the general case of using the other pronouns (jIH,
> maH, tlhIH) in pronoun-as-verb sentences.

What you have here is a sentence, {be' Dun SoH} "You are a wonderful woman,"
apposed with an emphasized word of address, {be'nalwI''e'} "MY WIFE."  It is
not an example of the typical {X pro Y'e'} sentence.

Your sentence could be rewritten as {be'nalwI''e', be' Dun SoH} "My wife!
You are a wonderful woman."

In fact, I doubt that any non-third-person pronoun can couple two third
person noun phrases.

SuStel
Stardate: 4215.1

Back to archive top level