tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 18 12:45:38 2004

Re: multiple verb suffixes

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

> So we should've made an example of, perhaps, /ghaj/:
>
> vIghajnISchoHmoH:

maj.

> Unfortunately, using /-qu'/ gets us to down only one "level" -- ie. it may
> determine which pair of the above are intended, but still does not
> distinguish which of the pairs is correct...

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but I tried to distinguish those
using {-qu'} - and it didn't really work. :-/

But that suffix is still a useful tool to clarify what you mean. What the
perfect english translation is though; will still remain context related.

Quvar.