tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 09 10:32:51 2004

Re: if not {pemHov},...

De'vID jonwI' ([email protected])

qon Quvar:
>I believe that Klingons never cared much about astronomy (i.e. "watching
>the sky") as terrans did, so probably 'found' a new, short word for this
>"thing" that we call planet, instead of describing what the "thing" planet
>does.

nuqjatlh?  tlhIngan lalDanvaD potlhqu' *HovQeD.  ghochwI'
*HovghomDaq boretlh yuQDaq chegh qeylIS 'e' lupIH.

I've used these words to mean:
HovQeD = astronomy
Hovghom = constellation
boretlh = Boreth, the place of Kahless's return

(Don't we have a canon rendition of Boreth?  I didn't find one
in my wordlist.  I did find <ghochwI'> "the constellation
Tracker" which came from KCD (Star Trek: Klingon, CD-ROM game).)

--
De'vID

Free yourself from those irritating pop-up ads with MSn Premium. Get 2months
FREE*