tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 02 18:54:58 2004

Re: Klingon Honor Guard

De'vID jonwI' ([email protected])

RNButler2:
>>>I just got Klingon Honor guard and it has some klingon in the instruction
>>>book what does ghop qul mean?

Se'noj:
>>This literally means "Fire of (the) Hand". It sounds to me like a lame
>>attempt at "Hand of Fire".

Quvar:
>Or a wrong way to say "fire-hand", the hand to fire your weapon?
>I don't know the game...

Maybe it's "hand-fire", a type of flaming weapon?  Could be
a poor attempt to translate "grenade", or even "torch".  In
what context does this term appear?

(btw, I've removed the KLBC from the subject since this doesn't
have to do with grammar and we've all jumped in anyway.)

--
De'vID