tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 01 09:41:02 2004

Re: chuv

SIv lay'tel SIvten:
>since tkd says
>    chuv - be left over (v)
>    chuvmey - leftovers (grammatical term) (n)
>would it be legit to say that {chuv} can also be used as a singular noun
>meaning 'a leftover (grammatical term)'?  or must it always be used in the
>plural?

If there's no restrictive note in TKD, I would certainly think so.

BTW, we have a bit more info on how the verb is used:

   By the end of the meal, all of the ordered food should be gone
   (except, for, of course, whatever may have been spilled, dropped,
   or thrown). {Soj chuv} ("leftover food") is rare unless all members
   of a dining party were called away midmeal. (KGT 102)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level