tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 26 13:36:20 2004

Re: Learning Klingon

Matthew Pennington ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

Thanks for the responses. I guess I'll just plow straight into the wave and hope it doesn't wash
me off the linguistic deck, to use an obscure sailing reference. In answer to the Beginning
Grammarian's question of what language resources I have, I offer this:

I've been a member of the KLI for a number of years now (I joined sometime early on in High School
and I just finished my first year of college). In that time, I have been blessed with an abundance
of money and no girlfriend or car on which to spend it. Thus, I have been able to pursue my
interests with the same glint of gold that once described the Catholic church's expenditure on
priestly vestments. I own everything printed in Klingon, except a few HolQeDmey. This includes KGT
and TKW. I don't remember off the top of my head which HolQeDmey I am missing, but it is not more
than seven. I own no audio tapes, for various reasons. I would say, not knowing what other
students of Klingon possess, that I have a fairly good collection of language resources. With this
abundance comes the interesting situation of having more material than I know how to use. Hence,
my question.

math pennington