tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 14 14:59:42 2004

Re: Klingon WOTD: Dol (n)

cheesbro ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

> Okay, maybe I didn't give enough context, but it seems to me that {Duj Dol}
> is still what I'm looking for (although please tell me if I'm wrong). I'm
> not sure what you mean by "entity" here. {Dol} just seemed to fit with
> something I was trying to translate a little while ago: "The Romulans built
> the phaser banks and the cloaking device, but the Klingons put the whole
> ship together". {Duj Dol} just seemed to work, and the entire sentence comes
> out as
>
> pu'DaH So'wI' je chenmoHta' romuluSnganpu' 'ach Duj Dol luchenmoHta'
> tlhInganpu'
>
> Or would just {Duj luchenmoHta' tlhInganpu'} or {Duj lunaQmoH tlhInganpu'}
> be sufficient?

Duj Dol, noun-noun, "The ship's entity", "The entity of the ship".
Hmm. Part of my brain does make it work.

Maybe we could use:
... 'ach chamvam qatbogh Duj'e' luchenmoHta' tlhInganpu'.

DloraH

Back to archive top level