tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 08 15:31:49 2004

Re: taH (was Re: mu' lo' QaQ 'oSbogh mu'tlheghmey)

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' qurgh:

>At SerentiyCon a couple of years back I got to spend the day with Marc.
>During
>his talk he had a Q and A session. No one was asking questions so I raised
>my
>hand and asked, with a smile, "How can I be at a negative angle?". He
>replied,
>after a chuckle and a quick gloss of {taH} that it was refering to a ship,
>in
>space, that has rotated it's nose downwards.

Ah, confirmation; it comes along so rarely. {{;)

Marc didn't happen to mention whether it could be used statively, did he?
Without that info, I wouldn't see any problem with

Duj taHDaq yIbach
Shoot at the at-a-negative-angle ship!

What do you think? As well, it leads one to wonder whether there's a
corresponding verb for "be at a positive angle". (But then we have {nung}
and {veb} for "previous" and "next", and they're not similar in usage IIRC.)

But it would seem that {choghvat yItaHmoH} is pretty much out of the
question in light of that info. I just thought {taHmoH} would have been a
great verb to use for lowering a gangplank. {{:)

Savan.

QeS lagh

Protect your inbox from harmful viruses with new ninemsn Premium. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/premium/landing.asp?banner=emailtag&referrer=hotmail

Back to archive top level