tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 03 18:09:51 2004

Re: mu' lo' QaQ 'oSbogh mu'tlheghmey

In a message dated 2004-06-03 8:53:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> If the only resource available to
> me for learning Klingon had been a list of phrases (no grammar, no vocab
> lists, etc.), I would not have learned as much as I did.

We already have the grammar and vocabulary lists.  What I have been
advocating is a body of model example sentences for each word, or a body of texts good
enough to serve as models.  Some people have suggested that Qo'noS QonoS,
jatmey, this list, and perhaps other sources already serve that function.  That
may be true.  (Do Hamlet, paghmo' tIn mIS, and ghIlghameS also fit in that
category?)  Even if they are all good sources, they aren't indexed in any way.
They are all hard to use as reference materials.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level