tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 24 12:30:32 2004

Re: taghwI' jIH

Lieven L. Litaer (Quvar) ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Dar'Qang:
>> Is there an accepted Klingon acknowledgement?  qatlho' seems too
>> human. chaq jIbel?

Holtej 'utlh:
>Not really.  Klingons just state their business and leave.  Pleasantries
>such as "thanks" and "take care" are too human.  You might say something
>like {choquvmoH}.  If you're going off to battle (or something like that),
>you can say {Qapla'}.

If you really feel like you have to say something, I suggest {maj} and {majQa'}. Although these
expressions mean "Good!" and "Well done!", I believe the idea is basically the same: your opponent has
done a good job.

On the other hand, on this list I've very often seen {qatlho'} "I thank you", although nobody says {jItlho'}.
But you're right, these sound very un-klingon :-)

Quvar 'utlh.

Back to archive top level