tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 22 05:53:50 2004

Re: Beginner

christoph.pichlmann ([email protected])

>I found a copy of a song that is sung by a bunch of actors on the STAR
TREK:
>KLINGON game, done moderately accurately for actors who don't actually
speak
>Klingon: http://media.khemorex-klinzhai.de/audio/anthem.wav

I'm a bit late responding, but better late than never...

Klingon attempt:
*website*wIj noychoHmeH, vay' Sajatlh:
*website*wIjDaq, -SuvwI' van bom- *video* vIghaj.
*Star Trek: Klingon* QujDaq vItlhapta'mo', QaQbe' _cha'lI'ghach_.
'e' nIvchoHmeH, vIvumtaH.

Intended meaning:
To make my website well-known, I tell you something:
On my website, I have a video of -The warriors anthem-.
Because I took it from the game *Star Trek: Klingon*, the display is
not good.
I am working(not knowing when or if I will succeed), so it becomes
better(superior).

Proper english(i.e. what I wanted to say):
To advertise for my website, I want to tell you that I have a video of
-The warriors anthem-  uploaded.
I took it from the game "Star Trek: Klingon", so the quality isn t
good. I'm working on a better  version, but it will take time(hence the
-taH instead of -lI')

Notes: There are many words I couldn't translate, for example "website"
- so I used the english word  instead of trying a unfitting
translation. Also, I didn t found a word for "quality" or "picture" or
"video", so I used _cha'lI'ghach_ instead. The idea is that
_cha'lI'ghach_ would be seen as  "continuing display (of something)".

Ok, here's the link:
http://www.fredlarts.at/%7Epichlmann/Video/klingon_anthem.zip

There're also subbed versions(english/klingon) available, just use the
web-interface:
http://www.fredlarts.at/%7Epichlmann/

Christoph

Back to archive top level