tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 08 07:02:27 2004

DCKL translation problems: {'Ib}

Lieven L. Litaer (Quvar) ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

[HIvqa' jay' - THIS makes confusion, using the same subject line. I corrected.]

Greetings!

        Many people yell about the bad german translation of TKD (it is crap, indeed), but now I've
started to translate my own "Dictionary of Contemporary Klingon" into German. And I've noticed that
it's really not always easy to find out, which meaning is meant.
        That's why I'd like to discuss some words with you here. Several will be solved immediately,
others will never be, I'm sure -- I want to make a correct (as possible) and useful German DCKL, to
make it easier to learn klingon around here.

{'Ib} is listed as "tub", a noun.
What's a "tub"?

I found too many different meanings in my english dictionary.

Quvar.

Back to archive top level