tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 07 16:41:19 2004

Re: mu'ghomwIj'

>>>Finally, for "gamble", look in the back of TKD in the addendum. You'll
>>>find {SuD} "gamble, take a chance, take a risk". Note that this is a
>>>homonym/homophone-whatever you want to call it, it sounds the same as
>>>another verb {SuD} "be green/blue/yellow".

yInqa'bogh baHwI':

>mu'ghomwIj'Daq 'ay'vam vIghajlaw'be'
>ngo' mu'ghomwIj''a'

[bIghelmeH, wotDaq {-'a'} mojaq yIlan:

   ngo' mu'ghomwIj.
   My dictionary is old.

   ngo''a' mu'ghomwIj?
   Is my dictionary old? ]

'ach DaH jIjang...  HIja', ngo'law' mu'ghomlIj.

It sounds as if you have the first edition.

The first edition (1985) is a mass-market sized paperback with 172 pages
and (I'm told) a blue cover.  The expanded 2nd edition (1992) is a larger
format trade paperback with 191 pages and a white cover; it includes
vocabulary from ST5, ST6 and the first season of "The Next Generation".

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level