tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 06 19:30:39 2004

"Anybody out there?"

Shamammd ([email protected])

I have read so many e-mails in the past week, than I have read in my 45 years
of age. Notice I didn't use the nuqneH thingy. I don't have to be told too
many things too many times; just once in a while. OK. The word hello, to my
understanding, is a salutation. This word doesn't always translate here either.
Different languages have different forms of expressing a salutation, depending
in the society in which that language is spoken in.  From what I have gathered
(as far as information goes and how we each process it slightly different than
the next person) The Klingons (fictionally speaking, since I don't want any
misunderstanding of what I am writing about) are a race of people who, bound by
their understanding of what honor means to them, are warrior-oriented. They
are a bit harsh in their mannerisms and their speech as well; not unlike
different cultural societies right here on our planet at various times throughout
history. Mind you, these types of societies in modern day are looked upon as
being "uncivilized" by the majority. I am not going to formulate an opinion
about what I think, just going to pass along the information I have. I think I
would rather sit back and observe than to participate in this one. :) A little
rough around the edges, the (and I will probably catch a bit of h*ll for this
one)  'tlhlnganpu'  are, though blunt as they are,  honest about what they
represent and don't lose much sleep thinking about it in the middle of the night. I
never really got into the STar-Trek thing. I do have to admit though, they've
had some pretty interesting characters on the shows. The more I learned about
them, the more interested I got. Curiosity got the best of me, I think. When
I found out that an entire language was created just for this show, I was
surprised, to say the least. It is definately an attention getter. Then I thought
that if someone could take the time to create an entire language, then maybe
there is something to learn here. I am here to learn, but I think i will learn
more than just a language in the process. If anyone was offended by my use of
the word nuqneH, then I can only offer you my appology. (not very
tlhlnganpu'thing to do, huh?)  I didn't have enough information at the time to realize the
true meaning of the word to them.
Sorry about the long post, but I felt it was needed to clear up any
misunderstandings.
weqqul

nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

HovpoH 701009.0