tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 04 12:34:10 2004

Re: Klingon Rap

>From: [email protected]
>
>qaQochbe'! ok. i think it is right now. :) could you tell me how to say
>this
>as an imperative. like "Don't argue (and/or) disagree with me! how do you
>say
>to someone not to do a specific thing , like "Don't do this/ that/ it!"?
>and
>how do you say: "You can't make me do this/that/it."? and "you can't stop
>me
>from doing this/that/it!"

I haven't seen anyone correct this yet, so I'm going to speak up here.
/Qoch/ means "disagree," not "disagree with."  There is no indication that
it takes an object.

Just say /jIQoch/ "I disagree."  Context will make it clear with whom you
are disagreeing.

SuStel
Stardate 4010.3

Get reliable dial-up Internet access now with our limited-time introductory
offer.  http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup

Back to archive top level