tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 03 06:08:14 2004

Re: Does {teb} appear anywhere in canon?

Tad Stauffer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

marqoS wrote:
> > I'm trying to determine there is any evidence as to whether the
> > subject of {teb} is the agent or the substance.

In the Power Klingon audio tape, we have the phrase:

"Fill a large glass!"
{HIvje' tIn yIteb}

So it looks like {teb} is used as:
{HIvje' teb jabwI'} "The waiter fills the glass"
and probably not:
{HIvje' teb taS} "The liquid solution fills the glass"

To specify what you want to fill the container with, you may just want to
follow Power Klingon's lead and specify in a separate sentence - along with
{HIvje' tIn yIteb}, in PK we hear the sentences:
{chuch yIqemQo'}
{romuluS HIq vItlhutlh}

- taD

Back to archive top level