tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 01 22:56:30 2004

Re: Kolos

d'Armond Speers, Ph.D. ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

Christian Einfeldt wrote:
> Also, I see by a google search that on 12/15/00 Holtej offered "qoloS"
> as the WOTD, which is some strong evidence of the way that Dr.
> Okrand's informant would pronounce the name.  Here's the link:

Unfortunately this isn't the case.  TKW doesn't actually give this Klingon
spelling for Kolos, and I was in error to render it and present it in the
KWOTD (at least, without acknowledging that it was not an "official"
rendition).  I used to be far too careless.  I haven't checked the archives
of the list, but this was probably pointed out at the time.

DopDaq qul yIchenmoH QobDI' ghu'.

All that the previous WOTD post demonstrates is that I thought {qoloS} was
an appropriate Klingon pronunciation at the time.

> In the mean time, I am leaning toward qoloS.  However, I am also going
> to sit back and wait to see if any other experienced Klingonists have
> an opinion about this that they want to offer.
>
> My thanks to you all for your insight.
>
> qoloS

-- Holtej 'utlh

Back to archive top level