tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 01 22:55:52 2004

translation coordination tool, is it helpful?

Christian Einfeldt ([email protected])

Hi,

I was just speaking with Gerry Singleton, who said that Majodomoo will
let us run email polls on what we think of translating certain words.
Would a poll be useful in helping to decide which words to use for
such things as "file", "edit", "window", etc?

I have seen some discussion on this list move to an apparent impass
with regard to such things as window.  I am a totally new Klingonist,
so this suggestion might not work, but I thought I would offer it, in
case the idea had not yet occurred to anyone on this list.

It seems as though if general consensus is difficult to reach, the next
step would be to submit the matter to someone who would act as a lead
grammarian, at least for the purpose of the localization of
OpenOffice.org.  That lead grammarian would then choose from the
options under debate, which would then (I guess) serve as the
temporary selection for the OpenOffice.org localization until such
time as Dr. Okrand's informant offers insight.  Does this seem
agreeable?

qoloS

Back to archive top level