tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 01 16:26:56 2004

Re: Resources

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

> words, {quv} and {batlh}, both meaning "honor".)

FYI: {quv} is personal honor, {batlh} is honor in general.

> new vocabulary escapes every issue. (A subscription to {HolQeD}comes with
> membership in the KLI.)

at
/stuff/Merchant.html

> > Where can I find socks?
> > nuqDaq vItu' jIH paSlogh

> Another way to do this: recast. You could try saying
> "Where do you keep the socks?"

Perhaps he asked for where to find that word?

> > Oh! In reading these posts, I've been seeing {tlhingan-Hol} or such.
> > Is this the common practice when quoting Klingon in English?

Correct, and there are a few other:
http://higbee.cots.net/~holtej/klingon/faq.htm#2.11

Quvar 'utlh.