tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 01 14:57:09 2004

paSlogh (was: Re: Resources)

Agnieszka Solska ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

From: Philip Newton:

>This brings up the question, if {jengva'} is the singular of {ngop} and
>{peng} is the singular of {cha}, what's the singular of {paSlogh}?
>
>According to a conversation I had with 'ISqu', "We don't know". loQ qay'.

vay'mey vIjatlhpu'bogh DamuchtaH. loQ mumer ngoDvam: qaStaHvIS qepHom
le'be'bej mu'meywIj. ram HochHom. chaq Dap 'oH 'op'e'.

I think you are referring to our discussion about how to talk about one sock
of a pair. This is something that came up on the Polish Klingon mailing list
some time ago. The poster who brought this problem up was wondering how to
translate the following sentence:

"The washing machine always destroys only one sock of each pair"