tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 06 10:29:55 2004

Re: muv

In a message dated 2004-12-06 12:04:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> My glossary doesnt have it:
>
> muv v. join: batlh maHeghbej 'ej yo' qIjDaq vavpu'ma' DImuv. pa' reH
> maSuvtaHqu'. Then we die with honor and join our fathers in the Black Fleet
> where we battle forever; muvmoH v. recruit [nc]; muvtay n. initiation.
>
> Seems like one can join a group (become a member of) but not "join"
> sentences together for instance.
>
> Quvar.

Your comment about joining sentences seems to be based on the fact that we
have no such canon usage .  With the scant canon we have, this is an unwarranted
assumption.  Since *any* usage not attested to in canon is speculative, we
may as well use the word for any and all cases where the gloss fits.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level