tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 27 09:12:59 2004

Re: {'Iv}

In a message dated 2004-08-26 6:10:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> I think the best way to understand questions like {yIH nuq?} or {nuq
> mI'lIj, tera'ngan?} (CK) are as verbless questions.  You don't need a verb
> to ask a question.  This is not as strange as it seems.  For example,
> Russian has no "to be" verb in the present tense.  E.g.
>
>    *Kto vy?*   "Who [are] you?"

But we're not talking about Russian.  In this context what Russian (or any
other language) is irrelevant.  The question is:  Can Klingon have verbless
sentences?  My limited experience tells me "no".

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level