tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 19 04:15:04 2004

Re: Direct quote of written statement

ngabwI' ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Boozer" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: Direct quote of written statement

{DopDaq qul yIchemoH QobDI' ghu'}
I hereby stand corrected. Thank you Voragh.

To get back to the original post, I no longer recommend using {jIqon <<blah,
blah, blah>>}, which, unbeknownst to me, implies I was praising my own work.
(I haven't a literary bone in my body).

It would appear that there is no formulaic way to quote written statements
directly. Like so much else, it depends on context. I did not {qon} this
message. (Indeed, I am merely summarizing the canon presented by Voragh). So
if I were to quote this message, I would say {jIgher <<blah, blah, blah>>}.
YMMV.

And so I invoke The Mantra: {maSovchu'be', maSovchu'be',...}

--ngabwI'
Beginners' Grammarian
Klingon Language Institute
http://kli.org