tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 18 10:41:59 2004

Re: Direct quote of written statement

   From:  [email protected]
   Newsgroups: msn.onstage.startrek.expert.okrand
   Date:  August 06, 1996

   nuqneH?

   This is just a quick note to welcome everybody to this bbs.  I'm looking
   forward to hearing (rather, seeing) what you think about the Klingon
   language, what works, what frustrates you, what you're up to, and so on.

   There are more and more people communicating in Klingon these days, some
   of them very expertly and some just beginning to get their tongues in shape.
   In order to include everybody, I'll be writing in Federation Standard most
   of the time.  But if you want to write in Klingon, please do!

   DaH maloS.  peghItlh!

   Qapla'!

   - Marc Okrand

In fact, it was Okrand's inaugural message to the old
msn.onstage.startrek.expert.okrand board.  Note: {DaH maloS. peghItlh!}
"Now, we wait. Write!" -- written two years before Maltz revealed the verb
{gher} BTW.

(The less said about the use of {nuqneH} as an initial greeting, the better.)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level