tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 10 05:57:05 2004

Re: puvlI'bogh (was Re: nughI')

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

> > pIm'a' German "fliege" English "fly" je?

That's not the problem.
I was just nitpicking that people cannot fly, even though one says "I'm
flying home".

nIb fly, vliegen, puv je. qay'be' mu', 'ach tlhoy' jIqar vIneH.
chaq DujDaq puvlu' 'ach puvlaH ghot 'e' vIpon.

When you are in a train, you don't say "I'm walking 100 miles per hour".
It's the train that travels at 100 mph. Same for the plane which is flying,
not you.

Maybe this is a cultural difference, or just my weird brain, because of the
hot weather we have at the moment :-)

Quvar.