tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 06 04:21:29 2004

Re: S31: {maq} vs. {'e' maq}

QeS lagh ([email protected])

jIghItlhpu':

>ghoS tlhIngan SuvwI' 'e' maq
>maq <ghoS tlhIngan SuvwI'> jatlh
>
>But I don't know which one I'd select. Probably the second one, since the
>other verbs that involve speaking don't really use {'e'} either: {tlhob.
><nuqDaq maH> jatlh.} {jang. <Qo'noSDaq maH> jatlh.} That sort of thing.

janglu'pu' :
>Out of these two, I'd definitely go with the first.  Unless you're just
>missing a period:
>maq.  <ghoS tlhIngan SuvwI'> jatlh.
>"He proclaimed.  He said the Klingon warrior approaches."

HIvqa' veqlargh. Yes, that's what I was aiming for.

QeS lagh

In the market for a car? Buy, sell or browse at CarPoint:
http://server-au.imrworldwide.com/cgi-bin/b?cg=link&ci=ninemsn&tu=http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au?refid=hotmail_tagline

Back to archive top level