tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 05 22:21:26 2004

Re: nughI'

aranders ([email protected])

ja' Philip Newton <[email protected]>:
>Do we have canon for this? (I expect not - so "maSovchu'be'"...)

This is one of the very few times we have had the good fortune to pin
down the meaning of a word precisely.  At qep'a' wejDIch, we literally got
the word straight from Marc Okrand's mouth.  He verified the
pronunciation, spelling, and usage for us.  {qanughI'} is perfectly correct
for "I give you a noogie."  {nunughI'} is a valid word.

I don't remember whether the explanation itself was captured on tape or
not, but I'm pretty sure I have a video of the actual noogie which prompted
it...

It's obviously a borrowed term.  Okrand expressed uncertainty about
whether the Klingon word was borrowed from English, or whether it was
the other way around. :-)

-- [puvlI'bogh] ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level