tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 01 12:21:51 2004

Re: mu' lo' QaQ 'oSbogh mu'tlheghmey

jIja'pu':
>> ...Some of us are very familiar with
>> the language, but we're not qualified to invent examples showing how
>> Klingon words are to be used.  I believe the best we can do is list how
>> Klingon words *have* been used.

ja' lay'tel SIvten:
>I have been using 'expert' as someone who is fluent enough in the language to
>be able to say what he wants without being concerned about how to say it.

That seems quite distinct from being able to tell other people how to use
Klingon.

>Even a list of how words *have* been used would be helpful.  Take "sun" for
>example.  There are lots of ways to express this idea, none of which are
>canon.
>Some are more appropriate in a given context than others, and such a list
>would
>provide at least some possibilities of how to say it.

You lost me.  I thought you were proposing a list of example usages for
*Klingon* words, not a semi-official list of suggested translations for
English ideas which don't have exact matches in the known vocabulary.  If
the latter is actually what you're talking about, then I'm even less prone
to consider it a useful thing to have.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level