tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 16 10:49:11 2003

Re: Things happen Or: One person's opinion

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Scott Willis wrote:
> {qaS wanI'. rut, DISeHlaHbe'}
> "Events happen. Sometimes, we cannot control them."
>
> You could also probably throw a {jay'} or two in there (it goes at the end
> of a sentence), depending on which sentence you want to intensify, and to
> get closer to the invective quality of the English.
>
> Others will have their own ideas, I'm sure.

A variation that avoids the split-sentence:

qaS wanI' DISeHlaHbe'bogh.

The /rut/, IMHO, is extraneous; /wanI'/ by itself can indicate plurality
and the verb prefix /DI-/ also infers it.

Otherwise, I like the translation.  :)

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
       "Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?"

Back to archive top level