tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 11 12:25:14 2003

Re: Klingon WOTD: juHqo' (n)

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, chepqu' wrote:
> juHpuH = home land?

There was some disagreement about "compound nouns".  More pointedly,
whether or not you could make them yourself.  /juHqo'/ is obviously a
compound noun made up of /juH/ "home" and /qo'/ "world".  However, it
appears AS a compound noun in the dictionary (the ST VI addendum).

Whether or not ?/juHpuH/ is a legal word is still unclear.  I would be
inclined to continue to use the noun-noun construction, so it would be
/juH puH/.  Depending on the context, /juHwIj puH/, or /juHmaj puH/,
"land of my home" or "land of our home"...

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
 "One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar"
                          -- Helen Keller

Back to archive top level