tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 08 10:17:40 2003

Re: lyrics

Scott Willis ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tyler Fisher" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 10:57 AM
Subject: Re: lyrics

> --- Kai_Mühleck <[email protected]> wrote:
> > We're a band from Berlin and a part of new song is
> > singing the sentence "We
> > go from West to East Berlin. West to East Berlin."
> > in all the languages
> > spoken on this planet. We're still missing Klingon.
> > Any ideas?

> I'm sure others might have better suggestions, but you
> might try this:
>
> {*Berlin* 'ev tIngvo' *Berlin* chanDaq maghoS.
> *Berlin* 'ev tIngvo' *Berlin* chanDaq.}

Ya' beat me to it. }}: )
You could also use "wIjaH" if you want to emphasize the destination, rather
than the trip.

> > I'm not
> > familiar with the Klingon pronunciation (except from
> > what I know watching
> > Star Trek)

As a rule, the people on Star Trek aren't familiar with Klingon
pronunciation, either. }}; )

> > so I would appreciate any hints for how
> > to pronounce (or how to
> > find out) your proposal.

There is a German translation of TKD, and our Beginner's Grammarian is
German, so he might be able to refine the explanations there with
comparisons to sounds in German.

--ngabwI'
HovpoH juHDaq:
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/ngabwi/