tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 27 18:45:29 2003

Re: Request for translation

ja' "Lady K'Lyssia" <[email protected]>:
>A friend from a writing list has posted a request for translation of some
>Klingon he has com across. With his permission I am posting here. Thank you
>for your assistance.

The provided text is written with (mostly) Klingon words and syllables, but
it isn't Klingon.  It's English with one-to-one replacement of individual
words, some of which only make sense in the English context..

>> The main text I want translated is:
>>
>> DaHjaj 'oH a QaQ jaj Daq nej lIj pop !

today is [a] good day to seek your reward !

>> DichDaq taH ghobe' seng chugh SoH tlha' maj Dev Daq

certain to [be] no trouble if you follow our guide to

>> lIj pop

your reward

>> vetlh nuq SoH nej laH taH tu'ta'

that what you seek can [be] discovered

>> tlhap wej jav pagh wej wej wej jav :chel wa' wej wa'

take 3 6 0 3 3 3 6 : add 1 3 1

>> pagh wa' wej wa'

0 1 3 1

>> tlhap wa' wa' wa' wej vagh wej wej jav :chel wa' wa'

take 1 1 1 3 5 3 3 6 : add 1 1

>> wa' wej vagh pagh wa'

1 3 5 0 1

>> jaH Daq lIj pop

go to your reward

>> legh bIng wej sormey

see under three trees

>> Then there's an additional, less important bit:
>>
>> tlhIngan jIHbe'
>> jIyajbe
>> DaHjajaj QaQ Daghajjaj

I am not a Klingon