tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 20 19:02:27 2003

Re: (KLBC) Is this right?

Scott Willis ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

> {rut tuvtaHghach 'oH nuH'e' vaQ law' yan vaQ puS.}
> Sometimes patience is a more effective weapon than the
> sword.

{tuvtaHghach} I like it... }}: )

The sentence seems a little clunky... you could try a -meH clause with the
law'/puS, and piggyback {QamvIS Hegh qaq law', torvIS yIn qaq puS} (TKW,
p95)

{ghobmeH, rut tuvtaHghach qaq law', yan qaq puS.}
"For waging war, sometimes patience is preferable to the sword."

(Not so sure about the {rut}'s position in there, but it seems fine when I
read it.)

--ngabwI'
tIq. taQ. tlhIngan tlhaq. HovpoH!
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/ngabwi/