tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 17 09:01:58 2003

Re: Klingon WOTD: yuQ (n)

Tyler Fisher ([email protected])

--- [email protected] wrote:
> This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Friday,
> October 17, 2003.
>
> Klingon word:   yuQ
> Part of Speech: noun
> Definition:     planet

As used in canon:

{yuQvam}
This planet (that we've been talking about) (TKD)

{yuQvetlh}
That planet (as opposed to the one we were just
talking about) (TKD)

{yuQ wIghoStaH}
We are proceeding toward the planet. (TKD)

{jaghpu' yuQmeyDaq}
at/to the enemies' planets (TKD)

{vaghmaH yuQmey} or {vaghmaH yuQ}
fifty planets (TKD)

{tlhIngan wo' yuQmey chovlu'chugh Qo'noS potlh law'
Hoch potlh puS.}
The principal planet of the Klingon Empire... (S27)

{yoq yIn yuQ 'oH Qo'noS'e'.}
Kronos is a class-M planet... (S27)

{yuQ vIleng} or {yuQDaq vIleng}
I travel to the planet. (HolQeD 7:4)

{yuQvo' jIleng}
I roam away from the planet. (HolQeD 7:4)

{yuQDaq jIleng}
I roam (around/about) on the planet. (HolQeD 7:4)