tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 10 11:19:29 2003

Re: The New Words

At 11:09 AM Friday 10/10/2003, taD wrote:

>Voragh wrote:
>>{mIl} = MILhouse!  Think about it: "This would be applied to a leader who
>>left office in disgrace".
>
>Ah yes, I see now!

<mon>!

>>>although I did find a pun in one of the new two-syllable words. See if
>>>you can find it too!
>>
>>I assume that both {DavHam} "false honor" and {'eDjen} "person who is
>>arrogant or haughty" are puns, but the only thing I can work out for the
>>second "high {jen} Ed" or "Big Ed"?  Unfortunately, I have no idea who
>>this "Big Ed" might be.  Am I on the right track?
>
>Well, {DavHam} backwards is {maHvaD}, but that's all I could find with
>that word.

Hmm... surely that would apply to any and all of the words we ask for.

>You're on the right track with {'eDjen} - if you give up, you can check
>the Puns page on the Wiki. :-)

[trying to avoid giving away another pun...]

You know I thought of that character, but didn't connect it to the English
idiom.  Pretty clever!

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons